Freitag, 16. Januar 2015

My First Experience with Etsy

Have you ever tried Etsy? If not, you now might ask, "What is Etsy?"
Clicking on the website's button "About Etsy" leads you to the following description:

"Etsy is a marketplace where people around the world connect, both online and offline, to make, sell and buy unique goods.
The heart and soul of Etsy is our global community: the creative entrepreneurs who use Etsy to sell what they make or curate, the shoppers looking for things they can’t find anywhere else, the manufacturers who partner with Etsy sellers to help them grow, and the Etsy employees who maintain and nurture our marketplace."

So Etsy basically is a place where professional as well as amateur designers sell their own manufactured, often hand-made goods. You can find the most unique and creative things there. I first came in touch with this market place when I was looking for a birthday present for my grandmother. After my grandparents had retired, they realised their dream of buying and restoring an old farmhouse. They don't keep any animals (except for a big black dog) but they own a huge orchard with hundreds of fruit trees, which they lovingly care for. There is another thing my grandmother is really proud of: her homegrown vegetables, her tomatoes and pumpkins in particular. When I was searching for a special birthday present I discovered a shop on Etsy that is owned by a woman from Philadelphia who manufactures jewelry from real fruit and vegetables. So I thought why not just trying it? ... and ordered a necklace made from a tomato.

And I wasn't disappointed :)




Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen